There are great number of uses for plastic cards.
Given that they are so durable and flexible, plastic cards can be put to use in many different elements of your business. Like most business cards, they can be visual, but plastic cards can interact with machines in a lot of ways.
Many businesses take advantage of using plastic cards because of their diverse usage.
- Eco-Friendly Plastic
- While you might not associate plastic with environmental friendliness, it's actually very easy to recycle old plastic cards.
- Of course, some cards will inevitably wind up in the trash. That's why PVC cards are now available that will decompose naturally within a few years when kept in soil.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For competitive pricing and more information on custom plastic cards, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all card printers are alike, so you need to examine your needs carefully to find the right one for you.
We are dedicated to helping you find the plastic card printer that fits your budget! Plastic Card ID offers: You’ll have top-notch service from veteran ID professionals.
Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-use website.
Check out honest product reviews from your peers. Pay only half of what you expected with our everyday low prices. Shop the best brands on our user-friendly website.
Five Key Things to Consider Before Investing in an ID Card Printer
It doesn't have to be an overwhelming task to shop for an ID card printer, and if you focus on these important factors, it will help you to narrow down your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most printer brands make single-sided and double-sided printers.
It’s cheaper to buy a single sided printer, but less convenient because you have to manually flip the card to print to the reverse side. Dual-sided card printers are time efficient, especially with bigger batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer prayers also use a ribbon, but they transfer film so as to achieve a better quality of print, and there's no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print large batches usually need printers with larger hopper sizes, high-yield ribbons, and faster print speeds.
If you only print small amounts, you can save money with a handfed printer, or with a printer without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
Lamination can be used to increase security by adding holograms.
There are other more affordable ways to add visual security, such as utilizing watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
You can directly connect your ID card printer to a PC with a USB cable.
If you need to connect your ID card printer to a Mac Computer, then choose a printer that has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capability. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC is a name for plastic. It is short for polyvinyl chloride. While it usually makes people think of construction, PVC is a durable plastic that can be used in printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
There are a few different techniques for transferring images to a PVC ID card. Some common techniques for printing on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most common method of ID card printing and uses a ribbon, which has panels of the three primary colors (Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta) along its entire length.
While the card is printing, a print head with heated elements goes over the ribbon. It evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate, transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a brochure or demonstration of the Badgy Printer, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
A dual-sided printer is not needed to print on both sides of the card.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
You can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to re-run it for the back-side printing.
It's a bit more work, but it saves a considerable amount of money and is a good choice for smaller businesses that only need to print a few cards here and there.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy gives you a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. It consists of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumable supplies (blank plastic cards and a color ribbon) for 100 prints.
In addition, you get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Print your badges on-demand, individually or in batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards with professional-quality, edge-to-edge printing, that highlights your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
Using the Badgy Premium Suite software, it's very easy to manage the printer right from your computer. Installing print ribbons is a breeze with this print system, because ribbons are automatically recognized.
COMPACT - These printers are smaller than the usual office printer, designed to easily fit into any setting without being a burden.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own quality customized badges in full color, whenever and wherever you want. This provides instant production of individualized secure cards, with limitless applications.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can print your cards on quality plastic!
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and you can print what you want when and where you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and is used just like a standard office printer.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can fit into almost any workspace.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- The Badgy200 fulfills all of your business’s card-related needs, from event badges to printing single cards for one-time promotions.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for creating and printing personalized employee, visitor, and event badges, or library, student, and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- The Evolis Badge Studio + software, which is included with the Badgy200 package, allows you to print professional-quality, edge-to-edge ID badges and cards.
- It's compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to create personalized badges in minutes.
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tool complete with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- At badgy .com, you’ll find a free card template library, where you can add text, logos, photos, and more, to the template of your choice.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
Evolis Badgy200 System Description If you will only be printing a low volume of cards, You’ll find the Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System to be a very affordable solution It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution that is ideal for first-time card printers.
Here’s What the Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio, that comes with card personalization software (which is compatible with Mac and PCs)
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
The print process is controlled by a combination of software and a simple LCD control panel.
Quality and budget-conscious Badgy 200 features full-color, photographic quality printing covering the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print barcodes which can be scanned.
Whether you’re printing just one card or 100 cards (or more), the cost to print is impressively low and easy on the budget.
The Badgy200 also has a hibernation mode that saves power when the printer isn’t in use.
This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with two million colors.
This printer is also very fast, with a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome print speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them - in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges